Information and communication technology (ICT) remains one of the key drivers of Davao City’s economy, according to the Davao City Investment Promotion Center (DCIP). ICT joins services and tourism sectors as the three major contributors to the city’s economic landscape. DCIP officer-in-charge Lemuel Ortonio said the services and ICT sector continues to grow as homegrown and multinational business process outsourcing companies expand their services from voice to also include non-voice. The Davao City Chamber of Commerce and Industry, Inc (DCCCII) has also noted growing interest from foreign investors to Davao City.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information