India-headquartered business process management and outsourcing firm WNS Global Services has announced plans to build new centers in multiple places in India and in the Philippines. The plan was announced by chief executive Keshav Murugesh, who added that the company will invest US$35 million in fiscal year 2018-19. He declined to specify the number of jobs which will get added through this investment, but hinted that each of the new centers can seat 1,500-2,000 associates each. The NYSE-listed firm currently employs 22,000 in India and 14,000 in various geographies including the Philippines, Costa Rica, and South Africa. Some of the US$35 million that WNS plans to spend in the 2018-19 fiscal will also be invested in creating platforms that can serve multiple clients from a single sector. Murugesh added that WNS continues to be on the look-out for more acquisitions after completing three acquisitions in the past two years.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information