Xerox is allocating about USD100m to acquire smaller outsourcing companies this year as part of efforts to grow. The allocation was confirmed by Ursula Burns, the chairman of the Connecticut-based technology giant. The announcement also comes months after Xerox separates its BPO business from its core document technology unit. The BPO business is now called Conduent. Burns said the target will be smaller firms in the outsourcing sector. Xerox has already spent USD18m on acquisitions this year, although Burns did not reveal the name of the company that Xerox acquired in the past seven months period. It was in 2010 when Xerox moved formally into the BPO business following its acquisition of Affiliated Computer Services Inc for USD6bn.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information