Fifteen trainees from Ilocos Norte were praised for completing the two-month comprehensive technical training program of the Department of Information and Communications Technology (DICT). They are the first batch from Ilocos Norte to finish the DICT’s Rural Impact Sourcing (RIS) technical training program. The program was from September 10th to November 9th, 2018. The graduates were taught digital marketing ethics, Cybercrime Law, web development, and e-commerce. A simple graduation ceremony was held at the Ilocos Norte Provincial Capitol to recognize their achievements. DICT ICT Industry Development Bureau division chief Emmy Lou Delfin said of the 69 RIS training centers across the country, this is the first time the program has produced a one hundred percent graduation success. The RIS program, which was conceptualized five years ago and launched in 2017, aims to provide technical training in rural areas. In 2017, 600 graduated from the program, of which 400 of them now have online jobs.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information