Hundreds of business process outsourcing (BPO) employees from all over the Philippines are gathering in Metro Manila this April for the first-ever BPO Employees’ National Summit. Organized by the BPO Industry Employees Network (BIEN), the summit set on 15 April, will discuss, among others, workplace issues, exchange information, and create an action plant for better working conditions for BPO workers. Among those invested to speak during the summit are officials from the Department of Labor and Employment and the Communication Workers of America. Topics to be discussed include women’s rights in the BPO industry, LGBT rights and concerns in the BPO industry, and getting better wages and other benefits for BPO employees.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information