Of the more than 1,500 individuals who participated in the first Cebu City business process outsourcing (BPO) job fair, at least 300 jobseekers were hired at the event. EPerformance hired 31 individuals on the spot and signed 18 more to undergo training, according to Nanette Garong, the Cebu City government’s consultant on the BPO sector. The job fair, held on 9 September, saw 21 BPO firms participating. Coaches were also present in the Cebu City Sports Center where the event was held to assist the applicants who need to improve their skills. Garong said it was the city’s first job fair exclusively dedicated to BPO companies and was in line with Cebu City Mayor Tomas Osmeña’s thrust toward supporting call centers.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information