Online English education platform, 51Talk, is hiring 100,000 online English teachers in the Philippines. As demand for online foreign teachers in China continues to grow, Jack Huang, founder and chief executive officer of 51Talk, said the company wants to increase the number of Filipino teachers to 100,000 from 16,000 currently within the next five years. 51Talk needs 1,000 to 2,000 new teachers monthly. He said Filipino teachers are among the best online English teachers in the world. Moreover, the firm is planning to add more training centers in the cities of Baguio, Angeles, Quezon, Pasig, Cebu, Bacolod, Imus, and Davao. Jennifer Que, vice president for 51Talk’s Philippine operations, said that they have partnered with PLDT, Globe Telecom, and Converge ICT solutions to establish centers in areas where telco firms can provide quality fiber connections. 51Talk officials said that they need the country’s internet infrastructure to improve their online teachers’ connectivity with online English learners in China.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information