Colegio San Agustin-Bacolod and Lifebank Foundation Inc. have stated the need to create awareness of the impact of artificial intelligence (AI) on different industries and society. They presented their “Scanning the Artificial Intelligence Landscape” research at a recent forum in Bacolod. Nicanor Perlas, vice-chairman of Lifebank Foundation Inc., said the initiative is the first attempt to do actual research, especially in Negros, focusing on the effects of AI in five areas such as business process outsourcing, overseas Filipino workers, the agriculture and sugar industries, finance, and society. Paolo Hilado, project manager, said the report suggests preparing everyone for the changes that come with AI integration, including skills upgrading, and being aware of the policies on AI use and the ethical considerations when developing AI products. The researchers advised the academic world to develop academic programs that will equip graduates with skills to keep pace with the AI era.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information