Accenture is evaluating its senior executives based on innovation, and is spending more than USD900m a year on training, as the global IT giant looks at growing the amount of business it gets from newer technologies. Digital already contributes over 50% of Accenture’s revenue and it has trained about 70% of its technology workforce to be able to deliver those technologies, a far higher proportion than its Indian rivals. Each employee in Accenture is allotted about 80 hours of classroom training in a year and they are also often encouraged to take up online courses to stay up-to-date with new technology and systems. Senior level employees reportedly even end up spending an entire week on classroom training.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information