Thousands of Accenture employees around the world have committed to complete nearly 8,000 hours of code during the Computer Science Education Week. The pledge comes as Accenture teams up with Code.org to support global participation in Hour of Code, one of the world’s largest educational events. Hour of Code was designed to prove anyone can learn the basics of coding. It brings together more than 350 partner organisations and students around the world. The goal is to get young people excited about computer science long before they enter college. It is expected that by 2020, there will be 1.2 million jobs requiring computer-related skills in the US alone.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information