Power retailer Manila Electric Co expects electricity sales volume to rise 3.5% this year, slower than the estimate 8.1% growth in 2016. The business process outsourcing (BPO), real estate, retail trade, and hospitality industries supported last year’s demand from commercial customers, which grew 9% year-on-year. The same industries are expected to boost sales volume this year, Meralco said. However, Meralco senior vice president and head of customer retail services, corporate marketing and communications Al Panlilio said the growth figure in 2017 would be slower as the company is coming from a big volume in 2016. Meralco, the largest power distributor in the Philippines, has 6.1 million customers in Metro Manila and surrounding provinces.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information