For the Brazil-headquartered business process outsourcing (BPO) firm Stefanini, 2016 was a challenging year for the industry due to Brexit and the economic crisis in Brazil. But Global CEO Marco Stefanini said the company managed to thrive and even reaped awards in 2016. Stefanini won three awards in Romania – Best BPO Firm, IT Services Firm of the Year and ITO Company of the Year. Stefanini also expanded its global reach, with presence in eight of the world’s best outsourcing locations – India, the Philippines, China, Malaysia, Brazil, Mexico, Chile and Poland. It was also in 2016 when Stefanini made three acquisitions. These included a deal to merge its associate company VANguard with Scala IT, one of IBM’s top software partners. It also acquired the Colombian company Sysman.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information