Accenture Philippines is now focusing on training programs for its staff that will help make its workforce remain relevant despite the impact of artificial intelligence and automation. Ambe Tierro, senior managing director and technology lead for Accenture Philippines, told ANC’s The Boss program that the company is employing entry-level graduates, which Accenture then trains up under its robust program. Achieving a balance between automation and augmentation will help information technology business process outsourcing (IT-BPO) workers survive the digital shift, said Tierro. Accenture is in 23 locations in Metro Manila, Cebu and Ilocos and has 45,000 employees locally.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information