The Accenture Sharks have inched closer to their first championship trophy in the Tanduay Athletics E-Leagues for Basketball after defeating the Sykes Pioneers by four points, 66-62, in game one of the Elite Classic finals, last Sunday in Cebu City. One more win and the Sharks will finally end eight years of title drought. Leading the play was Jetro Gonzaga with 18 points and eight rebounds, assisted by Junas Misa with 12 points, four boards and six assists. The usual point producer, Archie Batua, failed to reach double-figures and scored just seven points. Nevertheless, he added five rebounds, two assists and four steals. As for Sykes, Victor Rabat scored 21 points and 10 rebounds while Janjan Auditor had 20 points. Mark Olmilla also chipped nine points for the team, along with nine rebounds, three assists, four steals and three blocks.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information