Leading global IT and business process outsourcing (BPO) providers are increasing their investment in onshore locations rather than offshore locations, according to research firm Everest Group. Onshore location expansion did decline in 2013 and 2014 due to a global slowdown, but rose to 52% during 2015 and H1 of 2016, the report noted. Global firms, such as IBM, Accenture, Xerox, Dell, Infosys, Wipro, and HCL, have set up onshore centers in the past year and-a-half, according to Anurag Srivastava, vice president of global sourcing for Everest Group. The total number of new onshore delivery center openings more than doubled from 22 in 2014 to 52 in 2015 and the first half of 2016, Everest Group said.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information