The Asian Development Bank (ADB) upgraded its 2017 and 2018 economic growth forecast for the Philippines to 6.7% and 6.8%, respectively, from the previous 6.5% and 6.7%. The outlook assumes that growth in the government’s infrastructure program will accelerate, supported by improvements in budget execution, with more large investment projects underway, the ADB said. The bank also pointed out that net exports turned positive in the first 9 months, reversing a deficit in 2016. On the supply side, services generated nearly 60% of GDP growth, spurred largely by trade, business process outsourcing, finance and real estate services.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information