Analyst firm Gartner has argued that that artificial intelligence (AI) will eliminate jobs, saying that by 2020 AI will in fact create more jobs. While the number of jobs affected by AI will vary across industries, AI-related job creation will move into positive territory in 2020, reaching two million new jobs in 2025. Gartner said AI will improve the productivity of many jobs, eliminating millions of middle- and low-level positions, but also creating millions more new positions of highly skilled, management and even the entry-level and low-skilled variety. Svetlana Sicular, research vice president at Gartner, said now is the time for companies to focus on augmenting people with AI.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information