The administrative and support service activities industry, which includes the country’s business process outsourcing (BPO) sector, was the third-biggest recipient of foreign direct investment pledges at 10.3% of the Q4 total. According to data released by the Philippine Statistics Authority (PSA), the administrative and support service activities sector followed the manufacturing sector and the electricity, gas, steam and air conditioning supply sector in terms of FDI pledges last year. The three sectors also posted double-digit profitability levels last year, with service-oriented firms posting 20.8% gross profit margin. The Philippines saw a total of Php138.61bn in investments committed by foreigners in Q4 2015 alone.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information