Global business services provider Aegis has opened a new center in Malaysia to tap into the growing demand in South East Asia, according to Sandip Sen, the chief executive of Aegis. The center will hire about 500 employees and will then scale to 2,000. The business process outsourcing company, which expects to close its sale to Capital Square Partners this month, has 3,000 employees in two Malaysia centers. The firm is planning to hire more than 5,000 additional workers in Malaysia for the next three years, and will invest around MYR200 million on the new center over the next five years. According to reports, Aegis is also considering reentering the US and Philippine markets, which it had left after selling that part of its business to another BPO company Teleperformance.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information