The province of Aklan is amending its 10-year-old investment code to provide priorities to rapidly growing industries, such as business process outsourcing (BPO) and infrastructure projects. Marsh Bernabe, secretariat head of the Investment and Incentive Code, said they are using the updating of the investment code to sync it with the economic policies of the Duterte administration. The Aklan Investment Code was first crafted in 2008 to prioritise tourism and agriculture and fisheries sectors. It also provides incentives for new investors. The proposed amendments include priorities for BPO firms, construction of tertiary-level hospitals through PPP, reclamation for industrial zones, and stronger implementation of solid waste management.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information