The province of Aklan is hosting the first ever Visayas ICT Conference in 2018 to discuss the different challenges and concerns that the ICT and the business process outsourcing (BPO) industries are facing in the region. The Visayas ICT conference will invite both government and non-government organizations, according to Aklan ICT Council secretariat Marsh Bernabe. The conference will also put up a program to train at least 500 participants in the business process outsourcing industry in Aklan. The province has been beefing up efforts to entice BPO locators. The provincial government earlier approved the construction of a new P1.5-million ICT building, which was supported by the Aklan Chamber of Commerce and Industry.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information