A total of 288 jobs will be affected once Alorica completes the closure of its call center in Colorado Springs. Alorica, headquartered in California, notified workers and the state of Denver that it would permanently close the facility located at 6805 Corporate Drive on 31 December. Alorica’s vice president of human resources Yvonne May said the closing is due to business needs and operational efficiencies. A company spokesman said employees can apply for positions at other company offices across the United States. Earlier this year, Alorica expanded its workforce in the Philippines, which hit 35,000 team members in March, according to a company press release.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information