The Associated Labor Unions – Trade Union Congress of the Philippines (ALU-TUCP) has asked the government to require all business process outsourcing (BPO) companies in the Philippines to occupy their own offices. The labor group made the call following the mall fire in Davao City that killed 37 call center agents. The agents were working in a BPO firm situated on the upper floor of the mall. ALU-TUCP spokesperson Alan Tanjusay said call centers should have their own separate and independent buildings, designed for human beings working on24-hour work operations. ALU-TUCP is also demanding for a stricter implementation of DOLE’s regular labor inspection to avoid a similar workplace accident.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information