Microsoft has named Andres Ortola as its new country manager for the Philippines, taking over from Hans Bayaborda, who resigned eight months ago. Before leading the local subsidiary of the tech giant in the Philippines, Ortola, who is from Argentina, led the Microsoft’s enterprise commercial business for Singapore. In his twenty years of IT industry experience, Ortola has served in various regional leadership positions in consulting, sales management, marketing, and business management. Among the highlights of his work experience are regional roles at Microsoft, Quest Software, and IBM, and as a co-founder for entrepreneurial projects. In a statement, Ortola said that Microsoft’s business in the Philippines is expected to benefit from the country’s strong economy. He particularly said that the country is on the verge of a takeoff to greater economic heights.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information