A US senator has introduced a bill that would require call centre employees in countries like the Philippines or India to disclose their location, and give customers the right to ask to transfer their call to a service agent in the US. The bill, introduced by Senator Sherrod Brown, does not explain under what circumstances a customer can seek routing of his calls to the US. The bill also seeks the creation of a public list of companies that outsource call center jobs. Once this list is created, the bill seeks to provide preference in federal contracts to companies that haven’t shipped jobs overseas.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information