Global customer and information management services provider Convergys is reportedly laying off up to 319 workers at a call center it operates in Arnold, Ohio. The workers will be terminated as the company shuts down a client program servicing a telecommunications customer. The program will permanently close on April 30. Convergys said it will look to place a number of the affected employees with seasonal programming jobs tied to a healthcare account.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information