Australia and New Zealand Banking Group (ANZ) is planning to outsource around 40 jobs from its Wellington office to Manila, Philippines. Staff from the collections team (who are call centre staff dealing largely with Australian customers) were told the news earlier this month that the bank was proposing to transfer the work to Manila. The bank announced that a team in Wellington was being “disbanded” and some affected staff would be offered jobs elsewhere within the bank. The move was opposed by Stephen Parry, national organiser for the finance sector of First Union, a New Zealand trade union for finance workers, saying there was no need for ANZ to go through with the proposal other than “greed”.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information