Socioeconomic Planning Secretary Ernesto Pernia said the Philippines is likely to keep its status as one of Southeast Asia’s fastest-growing economies this year and over the next couple of years. He said the Philippines was the third fastest-growing economy in Asia with a full-year GDP of 6.7% in 2017. The economy grew by 6.6% in Q4 of last year, driven mainly by the industry sector to lift the full-year growth to 6.7%, according to the Philippine Statistics Authority. With the 6.7% growth in 2017, the economy is poised to be among the top performing economies in Asia, Pernia added.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information