Insurance broker Aon plc announced that it has completed the sale of its employee benefits outsourcing business to private equity firm Blackstone Group. The sale was carried out for cash consideration of USD4.3bn at closing and additional consideration of up to USD500m based on future performance. For Aon, the deal allows it to exit a mature, capital-intensive outsourcing business and focus in growth areas beyond its core insurance brokerage operations, including cyber security and health insurance. It was in 2010 when Aon took on the benefits outsourcing unit as part of its acquisition in 2010 of Hewitt Associations for USD4.9bn.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information