Workers from the business process outsourcing (BPO) companies are among the thousands who joined the massive Labor Day protest in the Philippines on May 1. Michael dela Concepcion of the BPO Employees Industry Network said they are calling on the government to help them in their problems with their employers. The group announced that a lot of BPO companies are cutting costs, affecting employees’ benefits. Dela Concepcion added that project-based and seasonal employments are also rampant in the BPO industry. Also, various labor groups in the country are calling on the government to end contractualization and implement a P750 national minimum wage.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information