The IT and Business Process Association of the Philippines (IBPAP) has said that talent retention is now becoming one of the major challenges for the IT-BMP industry. IBPAP executive director Penny Bongato said that foreign IT-BPM investors are being turned off by the fact that only eight or nine out of 100 applicants are qualified for positions being offered in the industry. Bongato said investors could easily transfer to another country if they are not successful at finding staff in the Philippines because their competitors are global. Bongato said that while the Philippines is expected to have 585,000 college graduates this year, not all of them are qualified to work in the industry.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information