The ASEAN economic integration will benefit the local business process outsourcing (BPO) industry and provide more opportunities for businesses to expand, according to the Information Technology and Business Process Association of the Philippines (IBPAP). In a conference in Bacolod City, Genny Inocencio-Marcial, executive director for external affairs of IBPAP, said the ASEAN integration will also allow local information technology – business process management (IT-BPM) industry players to explore potential lines of businesses and clients. Another benefit is the globalisation of the workforce, she added. IBPAP expects that the local industry can gain from exposure to global work practices with the increased movement of labor.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information