The Department of Trade and Industry (DTI) initiated a capacity building seminar for Information Technology – Business Process Management (IT-BPM) services. The seminar was attended by at least 60 exporters and small and medium enterprises (SMEs) in Negros Occidental. The seminar was part of DTI’s efforts to boost local exporters, particularly on IT-BPM related services, to intensify the implementation of its Regional Interactive Platform for the Philippines Plus program. The DTI said trade and services as information are not yet so common especially in the regional and provincial levels. Based on DTI records, the estimated 200 IT-enabled firms nationwide covered by the government program do not include firms from Negros Occidental.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information