The Cebu City government will host more job fairs exclusively for those wanting to work in the city’s burgeoning outsourcing sector. Cebu City Mayor Tomas Osmeña said the local government will continue to hold job fairs to assist the 400 BPO companies in the city in hiring qualified agents. He said he was aiming to improve the city’s ranking as the country’s premier BPO destination, as the industry is helping the needy to improve their lives. The first grand call center job fair resulted in the hiring of at least 500 applicants, but leaders of different BPO companies in the city said there also a lack of qualified people available to be employed in the outsourcing business.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information