A number of financial institutions in the Asia-Pacific region are outsourcing their information technology functions to cut cost and maximize business value. In a press statement, Gautam Verma of Thomson Reuters said that many financial institutions in the region are outsourcing to reduce the cost of owning technological assets and mitigate the rising costs of compliance. With many banks in the Asia-Pacific region looking for third-party IT providers, IT outsourcing is becoming a fast-growing and profitable sector in the region’s financial technology business. A Thomson Reuters report said that the majority of financial institutions in the region are offloading non-core, back-office operations to third-party service providers so they can focus on core banking activities.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information