Bangladesh has all the elements to make its business process outsourcing (BPO) sector a success, putting the country at par with India and the Philippines as top outsourcing destinations. This was the pronouncement of Ahmadul Haque, president of the Bangladesh Association of Call Center and Outsourcing (BACCO). Despite poor infrastructure and Internet connectivity, the BPO industries in the Philippines and India continue to thrive and Bangladesh is optimistic that it can also grow its BPO sector. Haque said Bangladeshi youth are increasingly turning towards improving their English-speaking skills. Additionally, the Bangladeshi government has also pledged to support the industry. According to Haque, these factors indicate that Bangladesh is in the position to take the industry to the next level.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information