A new report released by Transparency Market Research showed that Asia Pacific will account for 31.2% of the global healthcare contract manufacturing outsourcing (CMO) market by the end of 2019. Asia Pacific will closely trail North America, which is projected to lead the global market with 32.9%. The global healthcare CMO market is anticipated to rise at a compounded annual growth rate of 14.30% between 2013 and 2019. The market is expected to reach a worth of USD246.5bn by the end of 2019 from a value of USD97.6bn in 2012. The report said CMO has become a major need for the manufacturers of pharmaceuticals and medical devices as they strive to retain their position in the market.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information