Sun Life of Canada (Philippines) president and CEO Rizalina G. Mantaring admits that global uncertainties might have a negative impact on the Philippines’ business process outsourcing (BPO) sector. However, she stressed that the Philippines is still advantageous for US investments. Mantaring said the country’s English language ability, the service mindset, and the cost are not something that US investors can easily replace. Mantaring made the pronouncement as she revealed Sun Life’s growth estimate of 6.8% – 7% for the Philippines this year. The growth will be driven by the government’s plans for aggressive infrastructure spending, she said.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information