Australian Ambassador Amanda Gorely, who was in Cebu recently, revealed that business process outsourcing (BPO) and knowledge process outsourcing (KPO) are among the key interests of Australian companies when investing in the Philippines. Gorely said the country’s impressive economic growth and the abundance of young, talented and English-speaking people make Australian investors highly interested in the BPO and KPO space. She cited the presence of Telstra in Cebu, which already employs 2,000 workers providing customer service. The Australian ambassador said the interest of Australian firms to open businesses in the Philippines remains high, not just in the outsourcing space but also in other sectors.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information