Infosys has recently released approximately 9,0000 employees due to the automation of lower-end jobs last year. This was revealed by Krishnamurthy Shankar, the company’s human resources head, who also added that the employees have not been dismissed but were moved to more advanced projects. Infosys is planning to release 2,000 people in every quarter and train them in special courses that will help them in their new assignments, Shankar said. With automation set to increase in intensity, Shankar said the number of people that Infosys hires is expected to come down over time. Infosys added 5,700 people in the first nine months of this fiscal, compared to about 17,000 in the same period last year.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information