The Bacolod-Negros Occidental Federation for Information and Communications Technology (BNEFIT) expects the creation of at least 60,000 ICT jobs in Bacolod by 2022. These jobs include 30,000 for voice business process outsourcing and contact centers; 8,000 for rural impact sourcing; 6,000 for non-voice and other shared services; 5,000 for healthcare information management; 3,000 each for software development and online related services; 2,000 each for creative process and startup, and 1,000 jobs for knowledge process outsourcing and research and design. BNEFIT executive director Jocelle Batapa-Sigue said the federation will present the city and Negros province’s version of the ICT industry vision for 2022 to the Information Technology and Business Process Association of the Philippines.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information