The Baguio City council has set off a consultation involving persons with disabilities (PWDs) and officials of the city’s IT-BPM sectors to discuss, among other issues, employment matters. The forum is focused on PWD Baguio IT-BPO employees’ rights, welfare and safety, and PWDs’ legislative action and consultations assessment. The public hearing’s aim is to aid the council committee in crafting quality legislation to benefit persons with disabilities, to look closely at PWDs business interests and employees’ rights; and ensure full participation during the PWDs general assembly. Also to be discussed are the alleged illegal policies and practices of some IT-BPM companies in the cities in relation to PWD employees.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information