The business process outsourcing (BPO) sector needs to move into higher-level skills and higher value-added services as government officials flagged a potential plateau in the outsourcing industry. The miscellaneous services component of the economy, which includes BPO, grew a mere 9.2% in 2017 from the previous year, compared to 19.8% from 2015 to 2016. Socioeconomic Planning Secretary Ernesto Pernia said it is a sign of the maturation of the sector and the industry as a whole. Pernia underscored the need for the sector to shift to artificial intelligence and other high-value services.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information