Global outsourcing giant Convergys Corp has completed its acquisition of German customer management firm buw. Early in July, Convergys announced plans to acquire buw, the largest owner-operated customer management company in Germany, for EUR123m (USD136m) in cash. On 1 August, Convergys, which operates a number of contact centers in the Philippines, confirmed the completion of the acquisition. Buw has 16 facilities and 6,000 employees in Germany, Hungary and Romania. The facilities and employees will become part of Convergys, the largest customer service provider in the US. The acquisition makes Convergys the second largest outsourced customer services provider in Germany. Convergys has 130,000 employees who speak 58 languages housed in more than 150 locations across the globe, including the Philippines.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information