The BPO Industry Employees Network (BIEN), an independent network of employees working in BPO firms, wants to conduct its own investigation into the fire that killed 27 call center workers last 23 December. BIEN public relations officer Jupiter Delda said the group will conduct an investigation on the matter regardless of the conclusions given by the authorities’ own inquiries. The purpose of the investigation will be to determine who should be held accountable for the death of the victims, Delda said. BIEN expressed dismay over the non-compliance of some companies to safety standards implemented by the government.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information