Fitch-owned BMI Research said diplomatic ties between the Philippines and the US could improve under Donald Trump’s presidency, but stressed that the Philippines’ business process outsourcing could come under pressure. BMI said the country’s outsourcing sector stand to be affected with Trump’s pledge to bring jobs back to the US. It added that the outsourcing industry could see a decline in American investment under a Trump presidency, considering that that the industry caters mostly to US companies. The pullout of American outsourcing companies in the Philippines could lead to a decline in foreign direct investments as well as services exports, BMI added. The US is one of the Philippines’ largest export destinations.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information