Consultancy firm Prime Philippines said it would be hard for US President-elect Donald Trump to bring American business process outsourcing (BPO) companies back to the United States, even with tax incentives. The reason, according to Prime Philippines Managing Director Jettson Yu, is that the US cannot best the salary and the office space rental rates in the Philippines. Yu said cheap office rents will prevent US-based BPO firms from leaving the country. Prime Philippines data also showed that office space demand remains robust, with firms in the BPO and information-technology (IT) sectors accounting for 31.17% of occupancy. Yu said that even if the US government will give tax incentives and other benefits to returning US firms, it will be hard for Trump to bring back US BPOs to the United States.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information