NYSE-listed WNS has posted a net profit of USD30.9 million for the first quarter ended June 30 a 30.9% rise from USD23.6 million posted during the comparable period last year. The company also posted a net profit of USD33 million in the fourth quarter of its last financial year. WNS has a total of 38,227 employees based at 55 sites in 13 countries, including the Philippines. The company’s revenue (less repair payments) rose 11.8% to USD196 million, compared with USD175.3 million during the first quarter of last year, and was down 1.1% from USD198.2 million for last quarter, the company said in a statement. Keshav Murugesh, WNS’s Chief Executive Officer, said the company is increasingly deploying technology and automation in its solutions, and working to attract, retain and retrain its human resources.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information