A group composed of stakeholders in the business process outsourcing – information technology (IT-BPO) and academe will visit UK BPO firm Reed Elsevier in Iloilo City later this month as part of a trade mission hosted by the British Chamber of Commerce Philippines (BCCP). Chris Nelson, BCCP chairman, said major cities like Clark in Northern Luzon, Davao and Cagayan de Oro in Mindanao, and Iloilo in the Visayas, are economic hotspots for investments. The trade mission aims to encourage more UK companies to set up in the Philippines and for existing companies to expand operation in the Visayas, particularly in Iloilo. Nelson cited the forecasted region’s higher average growth rate than the national target.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information