Businesses have been encouraged at Cordillera as a location for business process outsourcing (BPO). The Regional Development Council Economic Development Committee (RDC-EconDev) has identified BPO, along with tourism, hydropower, and alternative energy, as an area of investment in the region. The identification of investment opportunities was based on the priorities of the region’s six provinces and two cities. “It will serve as a guide for the private sector on the potential investment priority areas in the Cordillera region,” said Myrna Pablo, Department of Trade and Industry Cordillera Administrative Region regional director and EconDev committee chairman. Priority investment areas for the public sector have also been identified. The RDC EconDev committee is now conducting consultations and collecting input from other committees of the regional development council to reinforce the region’s investment priorities. Input from the RDC committee on indigenous peoples’ concerns, infrastructure, and development administration will also be included.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information